Condor Earth is a diversified, multidisciplinary organization providing a variety of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Industrial Compliance, Engineering, GIS, and Construction Management Services to private and public sector clients. At our core, we believe that innovation, creativity, and integrity are the keys to success. We are employee-owned and offer a fantastic work environment. Please visit our website at www.condorearth.com.
We are seeking a Lead Tunnel Design Engineer to join our successful tunnel engineering group located in Sonora, CA, that performs feasibility, design, field engineering, and construction management services on multiple projects with construction values typically less than $5 million. The engineer will typically be involved with the same project from feasibility study through construction. The engineer will work in association with Condor’s Principal Tunneling Consultant and tunnel group staff, and will be responsible for design and field engineering of tunnel excavation and stabilization works, reinforced concrete/shotcrete lining, passive and active anchors, portal structures, soil nails, and other structural elements of tunnels. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with owners, designers, consultants, contractors and co-workers. The senior project engineer will prepare proposals and occasionally assist with business development. Other duties may include soil/rock slope engineering and stabilization.
If you are interested in joining an outstanding team of professionals, please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume to email@example.com. Condor Earth Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Lead Tunnel Design Engineer will primarily:
• Direct, supervise and occasionally perform field work including site investigation and construction monitoring
• Design and analysis of tunnel excavation stabilization works
• Design and analysis of tunnel lining including reinforced concrete/shotcrete lining, steel supports, and timbers
• Design and analysis of slope reinforcements including soil nails, rock dowels, and tensioned tie back anchors
• Design and analysis of portal structures and other structural elements of tunnels
• Perform slope stability analysis and design of slope stabilization options
• Preparation of cost estimates and proposals
• Preparation of plans and technical specifications
• Preparation of contract documents
• Construction management
• Project management and representation of Condor to clients
• Business development
Manage engineering and billing aspects of assigned projects. Manage projects assigned to the senior project engineer. Mentor and train junior staff. Collaborate with peers.
Assign work to staff engineers, drafting department, and support staff for assigned projects in collaboration with supervisors of these departments. Coordinate field construction monitoring staff for assigned projects. Collaborate with peers within the same department, and within other departments of Condor to successfully complete projects.
Well Qualified Candidates Will Have:
• 10+ years of project design, project management and construction management in tunnel/underground construction or similar
• Master’s Degree in Civil, Geological, or Related Engineering Degree, or combination of bachelors and equivalent experience
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Knowledge of software suitable for design of underground structures including finite element codes
• Proficiency with a slope stability analysis program
• Ability to accurately and thoroughly perform work
• Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
• Reliable and able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Comprehends complex technical topics and specialized information
• Can work under pressure and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
• Maintain good working relationships with fellow employees
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Registered Civil Engineering Registration required (California), or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). (Protective clothing, hearing protection, safety glasses/goggles/face shield, possibly a respirator, etc.).
Condor Benefits Include:
• Robust benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA and life insurance – with employer paid premiums for covered employee
• Vacation, sick leave and paid holidays
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• 401k plan with company match
Condor Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.