Condor Earth is a diversified, multidisciplinary organization providing a variety of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Industrial Compliance, Engineering, GIS, and Construction Management Services to private and public sector clients. At our core, we believe that innovation, creativity, and integrity are the keys to success. We are employee-owned and offer a fantastic work environment. Please visit our website at www.condorearth.com.
We are seeking a full time Staff Civil or Geological Engineer to join our team in our Sonora, CA office. The Staff Civil Engineer will join a successful geotechnical and tunnel engineering group that performs feasibility, design, field engineering, and construction management services on a variety of projects. Under the direction of a licensed engineer and/or engineering geologist, the Staff Civil or Geological Engineer will perform duties including site exploration coordination, analysis, field engineering of tunnel excavation and stabilization works, reinforced concrete/shotcrete lining, passive and active anchors, portal structures, soil nails, and other structural elements of tunnels and earthwork excavations. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with Owners, Designers, Consultants, Contractors, and coworkers. Other duties may include soil/rock slope engineering and stabilization. Collaborate with peers within the same department, and within other departments of Condor to successfully complete projects.
If you are interested in joining an outstanding team of professionals, please email a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume to email@example.com. Condor Earth Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Staff Civil or Geological Engineer will primarily:
Under the supervision, direction and mentoring of a licensed engineer and/or engineering geologist, the Staff Geologist will assist with:
• Field work including site investigation and construction monitoring
• Analysis of tunnel excavation and stabilization works
• Analysis of temporary and permanent construction excavation.
• Analysis of tunnel lining including reinforced concrete/shotcrete lining, steel supports, and timbers.
• Analysis of slope reinforcements including soil nails, rock dowels, and tensioned tie back anchors.
• Analysis of portal structures and other structural elements of tunnels.
• Slope stability analysis and assist with design of slope stabilization options.
• Preparation of cost estimates and proposals.
• Preparation of plans and technical specifications
• Preparation of engineering reports and calculations
• Construction management
Well Qualified Candidates Will Have:
• One to Three years of relevant experience on-the-job or through college course work
• Experience during design and/or construction of medium to heavy engineering works preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, or related major required
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, or related major preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Adobe products
• Knowledge of software suitable for design of tunnel structures including finite element programs
• Proficiency with slope stability analysis program
• Advance knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 and Civil 3D 2016
• Ability to accurately and thoroughly perform work
• Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) • Reliable and able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Comprehends complex technical topics and specialized information
• Maintain good working relationships with fellow employees
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Desire to pursue CA Professional Geologist or Civil Engineering registration
Squat or Kneel
Work at Height
10 lbs or less
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). (Protective clothing, hearing protection, safety glasses/goggles/face shield, possibly a respirator, etc.).
Condor Benefits Include:
• Robust benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA and life insurance – with employer paid premiums for covered employee
• Vacation, sick leave and paid holidays
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• 401k plan with company match
Condor Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.